switza mole 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perceptive People

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Perceptive People Empty Perceptive People

Post by Adam Sun 15 Nov 2015, 07:14

Below I am going to post 3 stories, each written by one of your fellow players. In their instructions, I gave each author a list of 10 words to include in the story. Your job is to guess which 10 words from each story were on their list.

Look for words that might stand out as unusual or not words you would expect in the given scenarios. It won’t be words like “the” or “over”. You should focus on nouns, verbs and adjectives. The designated words could possibly be repeated throughout the story or just used 1 time. And each story has a unique set of 10 words, so you’re not looking for words across all three stories.

For each word you guess correctly, you’ll add $500 to the group pot. There are 3 stories and 10 words per story, so you can add up to $15,000. You can work together as a group, or assign a story to each person. Work on it however you want and use this space to discuss.

I'll just need 1 person to post your group final answer.

Last edited by Adam on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:22; edited 1 time in total

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Perceptive People Empty Re: Perceptive People

Post by Adam Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:17

Uncle Bratwurst woke up late one morning to find his favorite Goose filled calendar having been torn by his niece, Violet. Violet was a bitchy but voluptuous woman who loved jazz and romantic novels. Despite being an uber hipster she also loved to quilt in her deserted cottage in upstate California. Why she stole a calendar from her uncle was anyone's guess.

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:18

Cynthia loves watching tv. Whenever there is a marathon on of one of her favorites she tries to watch. For example just last week she watched a best of meadow soprano marathon. However Cynthia and her giraffe are helpless when it comes to music they both helpless when it comes to music. They wear the strangest vest anyone has ever seen. Cynthia and the giraffe like to pretend there in a marching band the giraffe pretends to play trombone. Cynthia is horrible with anything related to finance. She spends all her money she gets from welfare on tv. She doesn't like to challenge herself she doesn't know whatApricot orGelatin is. She is a girl who is glued to the tube.

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:21

The rooster crowed in the early hours. It was 6 a.m. and Sam had barely slept. All she could think about was her upcoming tennis match and how much pressure she had been put under lately to do her best. Today was the big day she had been waiting for all month. Her mind raced in a steady stream of thoughts, keeping her awake into the ungodly hours of the night. She got dressed and headed downstairs. She could smell bacon coming from the kitchen, along with the sound of her sister, Katie, her brother, Max, and her parents quietly talking. Eavesdropping wasn't normally her thing, but she just had to at the mention of her name. Katie was complaining as per usual about how Sam wasn't "pulling her weight" around the house. Max and her mother agreed. Her dad, normally the quiet one, told them to hush, that today was Sam's big day and to let her sleep in if need be. It's not that she wasn't used to waking up early. Living on a farm had its drawbacks, including the seemingly endless amount of chores and oh yeah, that damn rooster. "Thanks dad," she said, bounding into the kitchen. Katie seemed slightly embarrassed at getting caught. Sam poured herself a bowl of cereal with almond milk- her favorite. "What, no BACON?!" Max snidely commented. "You know I don't eat meat, jerk." She was tired of him always teasing her about that. So what if she wanted to be a vegetarian? She didn't see why it bothered him so much.

Max started rambling about another car he was going to fix up after finishing his daily chores. It was his latest obsession that he called a "hobby". Something about the thrill of fixing an old "unusable" automobile and turning it a "usable" car. Whatever. At the end of the day, it just seemed like another way for him to distract himself with another hobby rather than his studies. "Honey, don't you want your breakfast?" Her dad was talking to her. "Sorry, yeah. I'm just thinking about today." She had been daydreaming about being out on the court. Her dad was quick to respond with a comforting assurance. "You'll do great today sweetie. Don't fret too much."

"Yeah, if she doesn't mess up." Katie was always being so sarcastic. She thought she was infinitely better because she did the more "girly" activities like cheerleading and helping with the student dance committee. It was nauseating just watching her sister and her friends around school. They were like your typical clique of girls, only to Sam they seemed like a colony of bees with more than one queen calling the shots. Katie thought cheerleading made her cooler. Of course, her mom usually agreed with Katie, often not caring too much how Sam's practices and tennis meets went. Sam felt largely unappreciated in her family, which was why so much was riding on the match today. She wanted to prove to them that it wasn't just a stupid "hobby" of hers and that she was actually quite talented. Instead of quipping back at Katie, Sam just left the table. It wasn't worth it to argue with her anyway. Sam wanted to make the most of today and that meant getting in a little bit of relaxation before heading to her school.

1 p.m.
Sam was at school watching a fellow teammate taking on a girl from another team. They were in a tight match that had been going on for almost 20 minutes. She could watch tennis all day. It was almost melodic, the way the ball seamlessly bounced across the court. In a few moments, it would be her turn to play and suddenly the nerves were hitting her. What if she messed up? What if she played well, but not enough to win? "Just breathe," she thought to herself. Her family had shown up ten minutes prior to watch her compete. It was kind of silly after all. Why was she so determined to impress them? Deep down she knew the answer to that question. It all led back to the insecurities she constantly felt in a family where she didn't feel like she belonged. She snapped from her thoughts. The match was over. It was time for her to play.

Forty five minutes and a win later, Sam was sitting with her family. She had done it. She had won best out of 3 against her competitor and she couldn't be more elated. Her teammates were patting her on the back and congratulating her. Finally, she got to go over to her family. Max and Katie were smiling at her. She half expected them to make some sarcastic comment about how she had gotten lucky or something, but instead they both gave her a big hug. "That was really impressive Sam," Max said. "Yeah, I wasn't totally bored," Katie replied. Sam just rolled her eyes. "Thanks." She turned to see her mom. "We knew you could do it." Her mom was smiling and holding out her arms for a hug. Sam couldn't remember the last time she was so happy. Her dad was holding out a small gift bag. Sam started to open it, not knowing what to expect. "It's not even my birthday, dad." "I know, but we thought you deserved something special after your big match." She unfolded the tissue paper to see a small jewelry box. Inside was a sapphire necklace on a silver chain. "It's my birthstone! I love it." She gave her dad a big hug. "It's beautiful." Max was eyeing her curiously. "What?" Sam asked. "Nothing. I'm just really proud of you sis. That was pretty impressive what you did out there." Sam was genuinely surprised by his kind words. "Thanks. That's nice of you to say." Sam thought to herself, "Wow. They're being super surprisingly nice." After Katie and Max saw her play, they started to respect her love of the game more and eventually lessened their teasing. She did well during her matches for the rest of the year. Her family continued to show up and support her during her games. Even Katie showed up and acted genuinely interested. Sam's persistence paid off and she was able to show her family that she too had some true skills and talents, even if they weren't always "girly". It just goes to show you that even when you think there's no chance of something good happening, a great day comes along and changes everything around.

The End

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:45

Blake / Henry ? you guys here ?
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:54

OK , here are my thoughts on it , just a wild hunch... The "stories" go from one extreme to the other . From the first 2 , it's relatively easy to pick out 10 words ,from the 3rd story, near impossible. My guess is that they were told this by Adam :

you have 10 words each , you have incorporate them into a story. The 3 people in the perceptive 'room' will try and guess those words . For every word they guess right, $500 will be added to the 'pot'.
There is an exemption to be won : if the perceptive people can guess all 10 of your words correctly , or none at all,from your story. You may not confer.

This is just a guess....
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:27

That could be possible but I believe the mole was on the creative team.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:28

no, the mole is definitely not on the creative team lol , if they were, I would not still be here
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:37

these would be my guesses

uncle
bratwurst
goose
calendar
voluptuous
jazz
hipster
quilt
deserted
cottage

meadow
soprano
giraffe
vest
marching
trombone
finance
welfare
apricot
gelatin

rooster
tennis
bacon
almond
vegetarian
nauseating
quipping
melodic
elated
sapphire
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:41

actually not Bacon... Im thinking "Unusual" there needs to be a word in that paragraph
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:51

OK
these would be my guesses

from the first story :
Bratwurst Goose calendar voluptuous jazz hipster quilt deserted upstate guess

from the second story :
marathon helpless vest giraffe trombone finance welfare Apricot Gelatin tube.

from the third story :
tennis stream committee weight almond colony tissue birthstone snapped relaxation
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:01

so you think Guess is a word over Uncle or Cottage?
and that Tube is a word over meadow or soprano?

and I completely disagree on your last one.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:07

ok...did you notice that some of the words have capital letters ?

Apart from people's first names ,then every story has them :

1. Bratwurst / Goose

2. Apricot / Gelatin

3. In this one Rachael ( being the school-teacher, she definitely wrote this ) cleverly hid them at the start of the sentences, but I think Honey and BACON are two of them....You'll notice that they are all food items too
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:09

Cottage instead of guess, yes...but uncle is simply there to use with "Bratwurst" , cause they used it as a name rather than a food item
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:10

okay I have Bratworst and Goose... I also have Apricot and Gelatin.
Honey and Bacon I can see a point on...
But you are overlooking some easy ones (Cottage, Meadow, Soprano) for the word "Guess"
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:12

also, do you think it's wise to try and get all 10 ?? No thoughts on my theory that if we do, then the person who wrote that story gets an exemption ?
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:15

I dont think that would be how the exemption goes. My guess is that if we miss them all they would get the exemption. But if you get them all probs not. I feel like the stories would then be like.

"My mother miss Bratworst was a great Sapphire teacher."
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:16

I disagree with 'melodic' and 'quipping' , they are just in there to throw us off
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:18

or maybe there was a "minimum" amount of words long the story had to be...
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:26

can i just call u out for being the mole? lol
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:27

you think it's me ?? tell me , during the last quiz , did you base all your answers on me being the mole ?
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:29

I know who the mole is...I went for broke in the last quiz...based all my answers on one person, if I was wrong, I would have got 0/10 and got eliminated from the game,the fact that I'm still here proves that I was right. Whether you believe me or not makes no difference to me lol ,
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:35

It could have tied and u stayed. But yes each round I split my answers between 2 people. One of which has always been you. The other I alternate. And here I stand. If its not you and the mole doesnt change each round, then I would be gone by now.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:47

I spoke to Mas after he found out he was thrown out. He said he split his answers between 2 people , you and someone else , whereas I answered all the questions on the assumption that it was 1 person. The likelyhood of a tie after that is virtually zero.

You also need to look at the original thread when he was casting for the game....that should give you a clue that it isn't me. Turner bumped the thread , and adam replied :
"Thanks Turner, but I'm thinking nobody else is interested." that's when 8 people had already signed up...and then I said I would play..
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:48

So what you're saying is that you are messaging people after they are executed to find out who they answered so you know that person isnt the mole? Isnt that cheating?
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:48

But hey, if you're so sure it's me , then the next quiz you should base ALL your answers on me , and we'll see if you make it through (good luck with that)
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:53

So what you're saying is that you are messaging people after they are executed to find out who they answered so you know that person isnt the mole? Isnt that cheating?

I messaged Mas to let him know I was sorry he had been thrown out , also because he had invited me to sign up for a new game he's gonna host, that's when I told him what I had done (based all my answers on one person) , it was after that , that he replied and told me what he did. It makes no difference , I will carry on basing all my execution quiz answers based on 1 person, and 1 person only, and not because of what Mas said, but because Ihad already done so beforehand and survived
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:53

Well you should get executed next simply for the fact that you are admitting to cheating. So we'll see
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:55

Well you should get executed next simply for the fact that you are admitting to cheating. So we'll see

But you think I'm the mole, how can I possibly get executed ???
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:56

soullimbo wrote:

I messaged Mas to let him know I was sorry he had been thrown out , also because he had invited me to sign up for a new game he's gonna host, that's when I told him what I had done (based all my answers on one person) , it was after that , that he replied and told me what he did. It makes no difference , I will carry on basing all my execution quiz answers based on 1 person, and 1 person only, and not because of what Mas said, but because Ihad already done so beforehand and survived

So the fact that he said "I split between Blake and whoever" doesnt give you relief that me and the other person arent the mole? You could have got 0 on the quiz and he got 0 on the quiz but you stayed due to old tie breakers.. Or you could have got 100% but now you know for sure, so you will continue to do so based off the fact that you know certain people arent the mole by talking to people eliminated.

That is the exact definition for cheating in a Mole game.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 15:00

I will carry on basing all my execution quiz answers based on 1 person, and 1 person only, and not because of what Mas said, but because Ihad already done so beforehand and survived

Also with this.... Lets say that you guessed me every question every round. then you messag him and he says "Oh I guessed blake" you wouldnt chagne your answers? you would just continue guessing me even tho thats why he got executed? I dont believe u
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 15:04

You're just annoyed because 5 mins ago you were positive that I was the mole , and now you're not so sure. The fact that this is my first time playing one of these games should really have made it obvious to you. If it really bothers you that much , that Mas replied to my message telling me what he did, I'll leave the game right now. It's fun , but I'm not gonna turn into one of the Games: Other Games drama queen , because I'm not so hung up on winning lol , but if you feel that way , no problem....I'l tell Adam right now.
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 15:09

you would just continue guessing me even tho thats why he got executed? I dont believe u

Have you actually believed anything I've said ? Or are you simply conveniently choosing what and what not to believe ? You're not catholic by any chance, are you ?
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 15:56

lol at you being so bothered by me that you will tell him u want to remove yourself from the game..

but Major lol at you saying you wont be one of the IMDb Games Other Games drama queens and then proceeding to bring up Religion which is nothing but a drama subject.

but yes remove yourself from the game. Nobody likes cheaters.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 16:14

I said originally : " if it really bothers you that much...."

and obviously it does. Like I said , these games are fun , but it's people like you who try to ruin them. I didn't cheat (not knowingly , since I told mas what "I" did after he was thrown out , and then, it was he who contacted me and I replied without even mentioning names ) , and you're just annoyed that you had me figured out wrong , that I'm not the mole.
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 16:32

So you think Im annoyed because you arent the mole? hmm okay... ask anybody that knows me. Im a person that will call you out on your bullshit. And you actively messaging people that are eliminated is bullshit. I havent played a game in over a year, and my first one back is one with a cheater. Bullshit.

So either A) You are the mole and were trying to throw me off by mentioning Mas. In which case good try but dont lie by saying you cheated and thats how you arent the mole.
or B) You actually are a cheater in which case you should be removed from the game.

If you are so hell bent on not being the mole, then option B is the correct one. And thats why I am annoyed. So hopefully our host agrees that cheating should have consequences. Its unfair that you have info that everyone else doesnt.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 16:45

Yeah , you obviously can't read ... like I said , Mas Messaged me first , after he was thrown out. I don't think I can make myself any clearer than that. Perhaps in a different language ?

The only "bullshit" on here are your annoyed 'drama queen' antics. Adam knows from my execution quizzes that I answered with one person in mind "the last 2 rounds" . Everything I have said will be backed by that.

soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 17:18

Yeah , you obviously can't read ... like I said , Mas Messaged me first , after he was thrown out. I don't think I can make myself any clearer than that. Perhaps in a different language ?

I messaged Mas to let him know I was sorry he had been thrown out , also because he had invited me to sign up for a new game he's gonna host, that's when I told him what I had done (based all my answers on one person) , it was after that , that he replied and told me what he did.

Don't contradict yourself. You originally said that you messaged him first and told him your strategy. Then he replied.

Now u are saying he came to you first.

If you are going to lie, don't leave evidence of the lie
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 17:23

I can post the messages on here , with the time stamps , you can even ask Mas yourself. He messaged me about a new game he is hosting , like I said . I replied a few hours later , telling him I was sorry he got thrown out , and told him that I answered the execution quiz with one person in mind, without mentioning names.
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 17:27

See now you are going back to your original story.

But him inviting you to a game is not him messaging you first. You replying saying "sure I'll play BTW sorry u left the mole. I answered whoever for every question. How did u answer"

That is u messaging him first.

Please just admit u got busted cheating.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 17:31

I never asked him how he answered,or for any details regarding this game. Again, he'll confirm that.
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 17:33

That may be true. But you messaged him telling him what you did. Talking about your guesses. Your strategy. When you do that, he is going to reply with what he did.
You never should have told him anything. If you want to say "sorry u left" thats cool. Anything more than that and u are looking for information to use. aka looking to cheat
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 17:43

At this point, I really don't care whether you believe me or not , but I was not looking for information to use, or trying to cheat. Maybe it was a little naive of me to tell him what I did , but I was just happy that my strategy worked...it's that simple. No ulterior motive , because in my mind , I knew who the mole was.
I apologise for the religious remarks earlier , that was uncalled for.

soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:00

Oh Im not religious so It doesnt matter to me lol
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:04

I've sent a message to Adam , telling him that if he would prefer I leave the game , then no worries.
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:15

you still need to decide on these words , less than 45 minutes before time's up
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:18

now I kinda feel bad cause u seem like a nice guy :/
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:26

look Blake , like I've been saying all along. No ulterior motives, no attempts to cheat. This is my first time playing a game like this. The only other games I've taken part in are Idol games. I recently signed up for "the voice" , but instantly regretted it when I found out the judges had never heard of the blues brothers....
As for this game , it's fun ! The only disappointing thing is when "not everybody shows up for tasks" , especially when I make the effort to stay up til past 2 am (I'm from the uk , so 5 hours ahead of central time) to take part.
I'm relatively new to these boards , I therefore don't really have anyone who will 'vouch' for me , except maybe Cherry.

Anyway , these words ??
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakeMaguire Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:29

omg who the fuck were those judges? lol
and eww staying up til 2 for a game sounds horrible.

I still like my list lol. But if u want to take a couple out to add Honey im cool with that.
BlakeMaguire
BlakeMaguire

Back to top Go down

Post by soullimbo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:33

I'm ok with the lists you prepared earlier..except the 3rd one. I really think some of those words were added on purpose by Rachael...if you compare the lists, you'll see that your 3rd list contains words even more obscure "melodic / quipping / nauseating" , I think they are "red-herrings" , as they say...and I think "upstate" , instead of "uncle" in the first list...
soullimbo
soullimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next