switza mole 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationship People

3 posters

Go down

Relationship People Empty Relationship People

Post by Adam Sun 15 Nov 2015, 07:17

Since you have good relationships with the other players, you should know how they type, their vocabulary and possibly if they misspell certain words. So your task should be quite easy. Below are 3 stories written by some of your fellow players. All you need to do is determine the author of each tale. If you can come to a group conclusion and get all three authors correct, you’ll earn $10,000 for the group pot.

Last edited by Adam on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:25; edited 1 time in total

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Relationship People Empty Re: Relationship People

Post by Adam Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:25

The rooster crowed in the early hours. It was 6 a.m. and Sam had barely slept. All she could think about was her upcoming tennis match and how much pressure she had been put under lately to do her best. Today was the big day she had been waiting for all month. Her mind raced in a steady stream of thoughts, keeping her awake into the ungodly hours of the night. She got dressed and headed downstairs. She could smell bacon coming from the kitchen, along with the sound of her sister, Katie, her brother, Max, and her parents quietly talking. Eavesdropping wasn't normally her thing, but she just had to at the mention of her name. Katie was complaining as per usual about how Sam wasn't "pulling her weight" around the house. Max and her mother agreed. Her dad, normally the quiet one, told them to hush, that today was Sam's big day and to let her sleep in if need be. It's not that she wasn't used to waking up early. Living on a farm had its drawbacks, including the seemingly endless amount of chores and oh yeah, that damn rooster. "Thanks dad," she said, bounding into the kitchen. Katie seemed slightly embarrassed at getting caught. Sam poured herself a bowl of cereal with almond milk- her favorite. "What, no BACON?!" Max snidely commented. "You know I don't eat meat, jerk." She was tired of him always teasing her about that. So what if she wanted to be a vegetarian? She didn't see why it bothered him so much.

Max started rambling about another car he was going to fix up after finishing his daily chores. It was his latest obsession that he called a "hobby". Something about the thrill of fixing an old "unusable" automobile and turning it a "usable" car. Whatever. At the end of the day, it just seemed like another way for him to distract himself with another hobby rather than his studies. "Honey, don't you want your breakfast?" Her dad was talking to her. "Sorry, yeah. I'm just thinking about today." She had been daydreaming about being out on the court. Her dad was quick to respond with a comforting assurance. "You'll do great today sweetie. Don't fret too much."

"Yeah, if she doesn't mess up." Katie was always being so sarcastic. She thought she was infinitely better because she did the more "girly" activities like cheerleading and helping with the student dance committee. It was nauseating just watching her sister and her friends around school. They were like your typical clique of girls, only to Sam they seemed like a colony of bees with more than one queen calling the shots. Katie thought cheerleading made her cooler. Of course, her mom usually agreed with Katie, often not caring too much how Sam's practices and tennis meets went. Sam felt largely unappreciated in her family, which was why so much was riding on the match today. She wanted to prove to them that it wasn't just a stupid "hobby" of hers and that she was actually quite talented. Instead of quipping back at Katie, Sam just left the table. It wasn't worth it to argue with her anyway. Sam wanted to make the most of today and that meant getting in a little bit of relaxation before heading to her school.

1 p.m.
Sam was at school watching a fellow teammate taking on a girl from another team. They were in a tight match that had been going on for almost 20 minutes. She could watch tennis all day. It was almost melodic, the way the ball seamlessly bounced across the court. In a few moments, it would be her turn to play and suddenly the nerves were hitting her. What if she messed up? What if she played well, but not enough to win? "Just breathe," she thought to herself. Her family had shown up ten minutes prior to watch her compete. It was kind of silly after all. Why was she so determined to impress them? Deep down she knew the answer to that question. It all led back to the insecurities she constantly felt in a family where she didn't feel like she belonged. She snapped from her thoughts. The match was over. It was time for her to play.

Forty five minutes and a win later, Sam was sitting with her family. She had done it. She had won best out of 3 against her competitor and she couldn't be more elated. Her teammates were patting her on the back and congratulating her. Finally, she got to go over to her family. Max and Katie were smiling at her. She half expected them to make some sarcastic comment about how she had gotten lucky or something, but instead they both gave her a big hug. "That was really impressive Sam," Max said. "Yeah, I wasn't totally bored," Katie replied. Sam just rolled her eyes. "Thanks." She turned to see her mom. "We knew you could do it." Her mom was smiling and holding out her arms for a hug. Sam couldn't remember the last time she was so happy. Her dad was holding out a small gift bag. Sam started to open it, not knowing what to expect. "It's not even my birthday, dad." "I know, but we thought you deserved something special after your big match." She unfolded the tissue paper to see a small jewelry box. Inside was a sapphire necklace on a silver chain. "It's my birthstone! I love it." She gave her dad a big hug. "It's beautiful." Max was eyeing her curiously. "What?" Sam asked. "Nothing. I'm just really proud of you sis. That was pretty impressive what you did out there." Sam was genuinely surprised by his kind words. "Thanks. That's nice of you to say." Sam thought to herself, "Wow. They're being super surprisingly nice." After Katie and Max saw her play, they started to respect her love of the game more and eventually lessened their teasing. She did well during her matches for the rest of the year. Her family continued to show up and support her during her games. Even Katie showed up and acted genuinely interested. Sam's persistence paid off and she was able to show her family that she too had some true skills and talents, even if they weren't always "girly". It just goes to show you that even when you think there's no chance of something good happening, a great day comes along and changes everything around.

The End

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:26

Uncle Bratwurst woke up late one morning to find his favorite Goose filled calendar having been torn by his niece, Violet. Violet was a bitchy but voluptuous woman who loved jazz and romantic novels. Despite being an uber hipster she also loved to quilt in her deserted cottage in upstate California. Why she stole a calendar from her uncle was anyone's guess.

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:27

Cynthia loves watching tv. Whenever there is a marathon on of one of her favorites she tries to watch. For example just last week she watched a best of meadow soprano marathon. However Cynthia and her giraffe are helpless when it comes to music they both helpless when it comes to music. They wear the strangest vest anyone has ever seen. Cynthia and the giraffe like to pretend there in a marching band the giraffe pretends to play trombone. Cynthia is horrible with anything related to finance. She spends all her money she gets from welfare on tv. She doesn't like to challenge herself she doesn't know whatApricot orGelatin is. She is a girl who is glued to the tube.

Adam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel_Of_Purgatory Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:31

Um.

Angel_Of_Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Post by punkrockprincess07 Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:38

For some reason I am thinking the first one is Rachael. The second is either Javi or Blake. The third one could be Turner.

What do you all think?

punkrockprincess07

Back to top Go down

Post by punkrockprincess07 Mon 16 Nov 2015, 17:21

How long do we have to make our decision?

punkrockprincess07

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel_Of_Purgatory Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:15

I think the third one might be Turner too. I'm not sure who the first one is but they're a good writer. It could be Rachael. The second I can agree with too, but I'm not sure which one.

Angel_Of_Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Post by punkrockprincess07 Mon 16 Nov 2015, 18:46

1st - Rachael
2nd - Blake
3rd - Turner

Angel are you ok with this being what we submit? I doubt Kim gets on so I am not waiting for her. lol

punkrockprincess07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down